Spring Vegetable Stew
- Difficulty Easy
- Preparation time 15 min
- Cooking time 30 min
- Serves 4
- 6 small fresh artichokes, cleaned, finely chopped and placed in acidulated water
- 2 Cups Freshly shelled Fava B
- 2 Medium Onions, Peeled And Diced
- 60 gr Diced Pancetta
- 3 Cloves Garlic, Peeled and Minced
- 2 Cups Fresh shelled Peas
- 1 large bunch washed, Dried and Chopped Swiss Chard
- 5 tbsps Filippo Berio Umbro Gran Cru Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 3 Cups Chicken or Vegetable Broth
- Salt & Pepper
- 1 tbs Chopped Fresh Mint
- 1 tbs Chopped Fresh Parsley
In a large saucepan, heat the oil and add the onions and pancetta. Cook over medium heat until the onion is soft and then add the garlic and keep cooking for 1 minute.
Add 2 cups of the broth. Remove the artichockes from the acidulated water ( lemon and water transfer them to the pot and continue to cook for 10 minutes. Add the fava beans and cook for another 10 minutes before you add the peas and chopped greens. Cook until the peas are tender, another 10 - 12 minutes or so.
Add the chopped fresh herbs and season with salt and pepper.