Asparagus and Taleggio Risotto
- Difficulty Easy
- Preparation time
- Cooking time
- Serves 6
- 300g asparagus
- 300g Taleggio cheese
- 1 onion peeled and chopped
- 1 or 2 cloves garlic peeled and chopped
- 1 small sprig fresh rosemary chopped
- 100 g (4 oz) unsalted butter
- 1 large glass dry white wine
- 500 g (1 lb) risotto rice
- 1.5 litres (2 3/4 pints) chicken or vegetable stock kept just below boiling point
- sea salt and freshly milled black pepper
- freshly grated Parmesan served separately, (optional)
- Filippo Berio Gran Cru Toscano Extra Virgin Olive Oil
Put the onion, garlic and rosemary into a large heavy bottomed saucepan with half the butter. Fry gently together until the onion is soft. Add the asparagus and white wine and stir. Wait for the alcohol fumes to boil off, then add the rice and seasoning and begin the cooking process, adding a little hot stock at a time and waiting for the rice to absorb it, stirring thoroughly each time you add more liquid. Continue in this way until the rice is tender and all the grains are plump and fluffy. Remove from the heat, stir in the rest of the butter and cover. Leave to stand for about 3 minutes before transferring to a warmed platter, and serving.
Drizzle with a generous helping of Filippo Berio Toscano Gran Cru Extra Virgin Olive Oil.
The grapes were picked by hand at the beginning of September and then undergo a soft pressing. Fermentation takes place in stainless steel tanks at 18° - 22° C (64.4° - 1.6° F). The wine remains on its fine lees for six months before being bottled.