Blood Orange Salad
- Difficulty Easy
- Preparation time 5-10 minutes
- Cooking time n/a
- Serves 4 as a starter or side
- 4 large blood oranges peeled and cut into segments
- 4 fresh basil leaves shredded
- 1 small red onion peeled and finely sliced
- 1 fennel, finely sliced
- A little sea salt, to taste
- 4 tbsp Filippo Berio Monti Iblei Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- Pitted black olives to garnish
- Freshly ground Pepper
Combine all the ingredients in a large bowl and serve at room temperature.
Garnish with pitted black oranges and finish with a generous drizzle of Filippo Berio Monti Iblei Extra Virgin Olive Oil.
The acidity, aromas and sweetness of this salad go beautifully with a delicate, light, soft wine like the Alcamo Bianco DOC from Palermo and Trapani.