Bruschetta with Cavolo Nero
- Difficulty Easy
- Preparation time
- Cooking time
- 1 head of cavolo nero washed and roughly chopped
- Ciabatta loaf cut into slices
- ½ red chilli roughly chopped
- Salt & pepper
- Filippo Berio Toscano Gran Cru Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- Vegetable Stock
- 2 cloves of garlic roughly chopped
Boil the cavolo nero for five minutes in salted water. Drain it.
Fry the chopped garlic, chilli, salt and pepper and olive oil for two minutes taking care not to let it brown.
Add the chopped cavolo nero taking care as it can spit a bit.
Add more Toscano Gran Cru Olive Oil if necessary and toss well to combine.
Add a little vegetable stock as necessary so that the cavolo nero doesn't burn, but don't add too much as the mixture shouldn't be wet.
When the leaves are soft and tender (take one to try) it is ready.
Toast each slice of bread on both sides, rub with garlic and pour on a little olive oil.
Top with the cavolo nero and serve.