- Difficulty Easy
- Preparation time 10-15 minutes
- Cooking time 10 - 12 minutes
- 100g Sun Dried Tomatoes in Oil drained well
- 4-6 tbsp Filippo Berio Monti Iblei Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1x 300g rustic loaf of bread such as Ciabatta
- ½ tsp flaked Sea Salt
- 8 slices of soft cheese such as Asiago, or mild cheddar
- 2 tbsp fresh oregano OR 1 tbsp dried oregano
- 8 fresh basil leaves, torn
- Freshly ground black pepper
Finely chop the sun dried tomatoes.
Preheat the oven to 180 degrees C / 350 degrees F / Gas mark 4 for about 10 minutes.
Toast the bread until hot and crispy on both sides.
Cut the hot bread in half horizontally and drizzle with Filippo Monti Iblei Extra Virgin Olive Oil.
Top with the tomatoes, cheese slices and oregano. Sprinkle with salt and basil leaves.
Put on top of the loaf and cut into 4-6 wedges.
Garnish the seasoned bread with basil leaves and serve whilst warm.
Hot bread with oil, salt, black pepper, and oregano needs a fresh, smooth white, with good aroma and long length. Traditionally paired with a Sicilian Cataratto IGT.